Last Updated on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 7:42 PM
Great question. Here is a short list of suggestions to keep in mind if you are beginning your 1:1 journey.
- Start small. Try one new tech integration activity, then build from there.
- Make it meaningful. Use tech as a means to integrate at least one of the 4 Cs (communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity) into your lesson.
- Look for YouTube tutorials. Don't know how to do something? There is no better resource than YouTube.
- Practice using the chromebook or digital tool first. A sure way to bolster your confidence in the classroom is to be familiar with the tools in your toolbox.
- Don't be afraid of bumps in the road. Whether you use tech or not, sometimes the lesson bombs. So what?! Own it, learn from it, and move on. :)
Here's an article from ISTE that outlines these suggestions: Start Small When Integrating Ed Tech.